IEEE Norway Section Computational Intelligence Society Chapter
The IEEE Norway Section Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) Chapter was established in August 2018 by Stefano Nichele, to promote and encourage research in the areas of Computational Intelligence and more broadly Artificial Intelligence in Norway.
The IEEE Computational Intelligence Society is a professional society of the IEEE that focuses on "the theory, design, application, and development of biologically and linguistically motivated computational paradigms emphasizing neural networks, connectionist systems, genetic algorithms, evolutionary programming, fuzzy systems, and hybrid intelligent systems in which these paradigms are contained".
IEEE CIS Norway aims at being a reference point for everyone interested in computational intelligence techniques and related applications, simplifying the dissemination and knowledge of information and opportunities in these areas. In particular, we will be glad to include references to Norwegian laboratories working in artificial intelligence and computational intelligence, common interest data, announcements regarding events and activities, and useful dissemination material.
Chair, Stefano Nichele, Oslo Metropolitan University
Vice-Chair, Jianhua Zhang, Oslo Metropolitan University
Secretary/Treasurer, Kyrre Glette, University of Oslo
Board Member, Ibrahim Hameed, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Election Nomination Chair, Massimiliano Ruocco, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Telenor Research
- National assembly 2019 and board election, welcome new members
- Award 2019 best PhD thesis in Norway within CI / AI
- Coordination with other CI and AI organizations in Norway
- Plan Norwegian workshop 2019 in CI / AI in collaboration with other organizations in Norway
- 2019 IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning and on Epigenetic Robotics (ICDL-EPIROB), Oslo, Aug. 19, 2019 - Aug. 22, 2019.
ICDL-EpiRob is a unique conference gathering researchers from computer science, robotics, psychology and developmental studies to share knowledge and research on how humans and animals develop sensing, reasoning and actions.
- Workshop on Novel Substrates and Models for the Emergence of
Developmental, Learning and Cognitive Capabilities, Oslo, Aug. 19, 2019 - Aug. 22, 2019.
The workshop is part of IEEE ICDL-EpiRob 2019.
- 2020 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (WCCI), Glasgow, UK, Jul. 19, 2020 - Jul. 24, 2020.
The IEEE WCCI 2020 will host three conferences: The 2020 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2020), the 2020 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2020), and the 2020 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (IEEE CEC 2020) under one roof.
- 2019 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC), Wellington, New Zealand, Jun. 10, 2019 - Jun. 13, 2019.
The annual IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation is one of the leading events in the area of evolutionary computation.
- 2018 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI), Bangalore, India, Nov. 18, 2018 - Nov. 21, 2018.
The 2018 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (IEEE SSCI 2018) is a flagship annual international conference sponsored by the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society promoting all aspects of computational intelligence.