Hi! I'm Stefano. I am an Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Science at the Oslo Metropolitan University, where I am the founder and deputy head of the Applied Artificial Intelligence (AI^2) research group. I have recently started the Living Technology Lab, where we use an artificial life and complex systems approach to intelligence. I am also the founder and deputy head of the OsloMet AI Lab. In addition, I am a member of the Autonomous Systems and Networks (ASN) research group. I am the founder and a board member of the IEEE Norway Section Computational Intelligence Society Chapter.
In 2019, I am the recipient of the prestigious Young Research Talent award from the Research Council of Norway (RCN). Only 8% of applicants from all scientific disciplines in Norway received funding and I was the only candidate to receive funding in the field of Artificial Intelligence. My project DeepCA (1.5 M Euro) aims at creating a hybrid deep learning architecture made of both biological and artificial neural networks.
- Artificial Life, Complex Systems, Evo-Devo, Cellular Automata
- Artificial General Intelligence, Biological and Artificial Neural Networks, Reservoir Computing
- Bio-inspired and Evolutionary Computation, Neuro-evolution, Computational Neuroscience
- 2017 - now: Associate Professor, OsloMet (formerly HiOA), Oslo, Norway
- 2014 - 2017: Researcher, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
- 2016: Visiting Researcher at Robotics, Evolution and Art Lab (REAL), ITU, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2010 - 2014: PhD in Computer Science, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
- 2009: MSc in Computer Science, Univerity of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Tweets by @stenichele